Here we are learning and doing more about helping girls with our Global Sisterhood.
Watch this program to get inspired!
Published on Aug 15, 2012 by HalfSkyMovement
Gabrielle Union, Olivia Wilde, Sheryl WuDunn and Nicholas Kristof discuss solutions to the most pressing problems facing women: maternal mortality, gender-based violence, sex trafficking and forced prostitution. Education and economic empowerment are the ladder to a better life for women, their families and communities.
Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide will be airing on PBS Oct. 1 & 2, 2012.
– Join the Half the Sky movement at http://www.halftheskymovement.org
– Write an Op-Ed, blog, or social media posts and share with your friends and online community.
– Sponsor a girl through great organizations like Room to Read, Plan International, World Vision, American Jewish World Service and Women for Women International.
Become your own micro-lender to a woman entrepreneur in the developing world through platforms like Kiva.org, globalgiving.org, and change.org.
– Volunteer globally or locally.
– Visit http://www.haftheskymovement.org/blog for inspiration on how people like you are helping to empower women and girls.